Monday, February 25, 2008

Poor Twinkie

We started a new church a month and a half ago. Twinkie loves to go. Basically she just goes to the nursery which I think is for ages up to three. We usually keep Tater with us but this last Sunday we went ahead and left her too.

Anyway, about an hour into the service, I heard Tater crying so Mr. Man went to check on her. She was fine. A few minutes later, I heard Twinkie scream crying. Enough that another man also stood up to go and check. I went in the room and was told that a little boy pushed her down. She cried and cried. I sat on the floor and was holding Tater and reading Twinkie a book. She went to go get another book and the same little boy just pushed her again. She tripped over a toy and started crying again. The little boy was put in time out. The only cute part is he kept telling her he was sworry.

Poor Twinkie. When we left she told me she was said because "N" pushed her and that he hurt her and made her cry. I felt so bad for her. She is in the nursery with usually 3-4 other 2 year old boys. She is the only girl. Not that is the whole problem but man those boys are rough. Just when I was in there, they push, hit, throw things. Twinkie isn't really like that. One lady commented to me that Twinkie needs to learn to fight back. Ummm....really? That is the solution?!?

We really like this church so I don't know. Maybe it was just an off week. I don't expect children to always get along but geez. She plays and fights with her cousin (who is 3) and it is never like that. I guess I really don't like to see her feelings hurt. Ugh. What is the future going to be like? Should I just wrap her in bubble wrap right now?

No comments: